Butterworth offers marine clients unique long and short term leasing programs for the rental of Butterworth bronze Type K and SK portable tank cleaning machines (PTCMs). Both rental programs emphasize flexibility and convenience for the vessel management and shipboard personnel.
Short Term Rentals
Ideal for through tank cleaning when a vessel is to go into dry dock or when changing the type of cargo you carry, a short term lease is less than or equal to 2 months (60 days).
Rental Program & Rates Overview
Long Term Rentals
Although structured as a long term contract, the Long Term Rental Agreement is in force only as long as there are Type K or SK PTCMs onboard. Therefore should the vessel be sold, change management, or change trading pattern, the Rental Agreement ceases once all PTCMs are received by a Butterworth Supply Center and all outstanding funds due Butterworth are paid in full.
- Machines. There is no fixed quantity of PTCMs. They may be added or returned to meet changing operational requirements such as pre-dry-dock cleanup operations. All PTCMs are tracked by serial numbers utilizing a sophisticated inventory system.
- Rental Charges. Rental charges begin on the date the PTCM leaves a Butterworth Supply Center and ends the date the PTCM is received by a Butterworth Supply Center.
- Invoices are generated on a monthly basis. This not only eliminates prepayments, and hence benefits cash flow, but the invoice contains information on the PTCMs onboard and associated activity. You will note that we charge on a daily basis per PTCM.The invoice is also an information source for shore based vessel management personnel. In addition to the PTCMs serial numbers and financial information, the invoice reflects: the date the PTCM was delivered and from which Butterworth Supply Center; the date the landed defective PTCM was received by and which Butterworth Supply Center; and the number of days during the previous month the PTCMs were onboard.Lastly, the invoice lists any Return Fees for PTCMs that were landed. The superintendent or technical manager may monitor the activity to confirm shipments as well as the appropriate quantity of PTCMs onboard.
- Return Fee. Rather than pay for individual PTCM repairs when the machines are returned, there is a fixed charge per machine. This allows the owner/manager to budget for a predetermined amount. Each PTCM undergoes a complete rebuilding process which includes the replacement of all seals and o-rings as well as damaged or worn parts at our facility in Houston, TX.
- Supply Centers. There are fourteen (14) Butterworth Supply Centers worldwide. Each Supply Center has a listing of vessels in our rental program. Therefore the vessel, local agent, or shore based personnel may arrange for deliveries/receipts directly with the Supply Center, their sales representative or Butterworth at[email protected].